Wednesday, September 1, 2010

There's almost too much going on...kinda like Ikea.

There's really no better thing for a foodie to do on a Saturday morning than going to a good farmers market. The vibrant colors. The smells of fresh produce. And the people watching (oh the people watching!).

All the things I love about farmers markets are also what are ultimately my downfall. The sights, smells, & people all give me a very specific type of ADD (FMADD?) that all drive me just a little crazy. I never know where to start or what I should be looking for and Kelly and I are never on the same page. She's always looking for fresh, beautiful produce, and, being the carnivore that I am, I want nothing more than some good farm-raised, grass-fed beef/pork/buffalo/meat-type-product. Oh, and cheese. I'm a sucker for cheese.

{side note: Kelly likes to joke that we are the only 2 people in world who can go to a farmer's market and not buy any vegetables. It's true. It happens on many occasions}

This past weekend we went to the North Union Farmers Market (in it's 16th year! way to go!) and we got some really great stuff. I picked up some grass-fed beef and some homemade pork brats and Kel got some really beautiful peppers (which I then grilled and put over the brats). All in all it was a successful outing (much more successful than our subsequent garage sale-ing- which is probably a different topic for a different blog) that ended up providing us with wonderfully delicious dinners (the burgers I made with the beef tonight were A-MAY-ZING).

There I go again. Ramble, ramble, ramble. I guess when I catch myself rambling it's a good time to sign off. Kelly and I are off to Pennsylvania for Labor Day (Memorial Day? I always get those confused) to spend time with the Patten-Alwine clan and I am sure that more food adventures await.

Until then...Buon appetito!

1 comments:

Jessica

Farmers' Markets are the best.

Halfway Gourmet   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP