Tuesday, August 17, 2010

HWG Redux

{insert witty comment about not posting in six eight months}


So, it's been a while. A long while. And I start asking myself "why?"

I could give you excuses about not eating well (partially true) or being just too busy (not true in the slightest), but if you are reading this you can probably see right through one of my lies so I best not even chance it. The reason there has been no posts here is because I've been in quite a funk. Have you ever been in one of those lost, directionless funks that last for way too long? The kind that have you searching for meaning or at least searching for something to do so you aren't so bored? That's been my reality, especially of late. So I've decided to start my baby back up again. The blog I conceptualized last year and then let sit fallow for far too long. It's time for a fresh start.

New to Halfway Gourmet? Let me tell you what it's all about.

HWG is about food. It's not just about sharing recipes and the triumphs in the kitchen, it's about real people and the real food we eat. Sure, sometime we'll have a nice risotto for dinner but sometimes we'll be too tired to cook and order out from Sun Luck Garden or Rascal House.

Sometimes it'll be about the flub-ups (most likely when I am in the kitchen) like when I used up all the dijon mustard yesterday to make a marinade for the flank steak and leaving none for Kelly to use on her glaze for the salmon- thus forcing her to use the honey dijon mustard which was, well, slightly less successful.

No matter what, it'll always be real and hopefully educational or at least entertaining. I'll be taking the lead here, but from time to time Kelly will take a break from her insanely popular project 'Bama on the Brain and grace us with her presence.

If I haven't scared you away, check back for more soon. Getting back into blogging's going to be a bumpy ride but it should be a fun one.

1 comments:

bigloon

To stimulate conversation... I am going to say two phrases appropriate for this blog..... New ice cream maker... Hop harvest... are they related? We'll see.

Halfway Gourmet   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP